The briefcase icon on the candidate's resume card indicates the candidate has an existing contract with another company on the VPM platform.
You can continue to contract with a candidate who already has a contract. However, we suggest you gather some information first:
- How many hours are they contracting with the other company
- What hours will they be contracting with you
- Are they planning on leaving the other company to work with you and contract more hours?
Our goal is not to limit a contractor to one company or to find a new contract if the existing one is not fulfilling. Our goal is to make sure everyone is transparent.
VPM has implemented some safeguards for employers.
- The contractor cannot enter the same date/time for two different contracts. For example, If they work with company ABC on Monday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, they will not be able to enter time with Company XYZ on Monday between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. If you see a contractor entering at different times on the VPM system than the ones you had contracted for, this is a red flag that they are charging two companies for the same hours contracted.
- In your jobs tab under company accounts, you can see if your contractor’s profile is available to find work. If the account status is green it means their profile is available and they can search jobs and companies can see their profile when searching the main profile database. If the account status is red it means their profile is hidden and they cannot be searched or search jobs.
- Any candidate contracted on the VPM platform will not show up in the search results for the TalentMatch algorithm.
- When you start and complete the application process you are notified that the contractor has an existing contract on the VPM platform