Once you post a job, that is just half the battle. You still need to get people to apply to the job. Here are some tips that you can use to increase applicants to your job posting.
- Fill out a comprehensive About section on your company profile. The more information you can give about your company the more “real” the company feels. Like most people looking for opportunities, the virtual team members want to work for a stable, growing company with a great culture and can be part of something bigger than themselves.
Some tips for filling out the about section
- Include your company history. Where have you been, where are you now and where are you going.
- Company core values - This lets them know the type of culture your company has.
- Size, location and areas serviced
- Vision and mission statements
- Your philosophy on virtual team members
- Add your website and social media in the company profile. Like the About section, the website and social media links are also visible to the virtual assistant when they are looking at job postings. Just like you are nervous about hiring a virtual assistant, they are nervous working for a company that is across the world. Their fear is they go work for a company that does not pay them. They want to make sure the company they go to work for is a real company. Having an online presence is a great way to do this.
- Upload a video profile. Having a video profile, whether it is produced or just someone from the company in front of a webcam will humanize the company to the prospective applicant. Some tips when creating a video profile
- Keep video around 1 minute
- Have good audio and lighting
- Years you have been in business
- Philosophy on virtual team members
- Company history and the vision of where the company is headed
- Core Values and Mission Statement