The Best Tips
- Write a Fresh Cover Letter for Each Job. Dont reuse the same cover letter as each job is different and you need to tailor make your letter for each different job.
- Use a Template. Create you own template, always have an introduction, a main idea and a conclusion.
- Include the Hiring Manager's Name. That is if you know the persons name, if not say Dear Sir/ Madam or to whom it may concern
- Craft a Killer Opening Line. For example, "I am the one you are looking for because ..."
- Go Beyond Your Resume. Write about yourself in a short sentence like i enjoy playing sports in my free time.
- Think Not What the Company Can Do for You. Write about what you can bring to the company with your skills and abilities.
- Highlight the Right Experiences. If you are applying for a job as a sales person speak about sales dont speak about admin skills.
- Showcase Your Skills. List your 3 to 5 top skills that are relevant to the job you are applying for.